Friday, September 12, 2014

About Your Father ~ day 13

Paintings are about relationships. (In my world of painting, that is).  Relationships between light and dark, warm and cool, foreground, mid-ground and background, large and small, lots of others, and the relationships between the objects in the painting.  Here, because of the size difference, I feel a like there is a family conversation going on between the flowers. So I have chosen the ending line of the HBO series Rome to use as a title. It suggests that the conversation is going to get very interesting. One of the few standards I hold myself to when I paint is,
 It has to be interesting,
 otherwise why bother? But of course, what is of interest to one person, is not necessarily of interest to another.

 
About Your Father
acrylic on paper
7 x 5" matted to 10 x 8"
$45
©Maggie Ruley 2014


Thank you Leslie Saeta for hosting the 30 Day Challenge

To see another painting based on the Rome series
click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...