Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Fire on the Edge #4 of 30 in 30

Still working that palette knife.  Well that is not exactly true.  I have more than one knife.  And I do lay down a thin sketch with a brush before I start using the knife.  I find it helpful to pre-mix colors and  different values of the colors before I start to use the knife.  Of course I never mix enough, but that's okay because you end up with variety and some slight grays in your mixes.
This painting is #4 in Leslie Saeta's 30 Day Painting Challenge
Fire on the Edge
11" x 14"
 oil on canvas board
$95.00 unframed
© Maggie Ruley

I invite you all to stop by my studio/gallery and see it in person.

4 comments:

  1. You sure are on time with the 30 day challenge! And spot on with this sunset! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jim. I had the whole series going at once. And knife painting can be fast.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a lovely vibrant painting! very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...