Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fast and loose ~ Day 10

Day 10 of the 30 Day Challenge and I continue to work on my flower series.


Abundance
acrylic on paper
7 x 5"
Matted to 10 x 8"
$45
©Maggie Ruley 2014
 
As I continue to work on the backgrounds of the paintings I only add minimal paint to the vase interiors.  I want to keep the transparent and reflective look of the vases.


nine little bouquets in progress
At the stage you see here the painting is going pretty fast and loose.  Jacklyn Karabaich asked me if I was using fluid acrylics.  They aren't fluid as in Golden Fluid Acrylics but I do like the softer bodies paints like Lukas and Amsterdam.  I also use gesso for my white.  A Bob Burridge trick.
 
 
E-mail subscribers to see this post in its original form

1 comment:

  1. Maggie, I think you're really on with something interesting here. Your flowers have a life of their own and it's a pleasure to watch your bouquets encore et encore...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...