Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Honor System

The Honor Jar with cute little envelopes I made out of damaged prints.
 
My painting studio in Key West has a small area that I like to use as a tiny gallery and display area. This little area helps me talk about and show my work to the art enthusiasts who come to The Studios of Key West (my parent organization)  monthly open house.
 
 
 I am not in my painting studio everyday because some days I am in my pottery studio.  However, The Studios of Key West building is open most days and my studio door is always unlocked and visitors are encouraged to enter and look around.
 
My studio greeting area has my guest book and biz cards and bios and now my new easy-peasy payment system.
 
I have recently added an Honor Jar to my studio greeting area.  And it has been a pleasant surprise to come to the studio and find envelopes with money and little notes telling me what has gone to a new home. 
 
New fish spoon rests (really cute) $22.00


Recently some of these new fish spoon rests have found new homes via my new payment system.
 
I am away from my studio visiting family in North Carolina for a couple of weeks.  If you are in Key West, please feel free to stop by my studio leave me a little note or use the Honor Jar!
 
The Studio of Key West
Historic Armory Building
600 White Street
Key West, FL 33040
open M - F 10 to 4
various hours on Sat and Sun depending on events

Monthly open house which is called Walk on White,
 the third Thursday of the month from 6pm to 9pm


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...