Thursday, August 1, 2013

iPad vs Cannon


Well, the photo above is the finished sunset painting.  And I did not change the whole painting,  I just touched up the areas that I had problems with.  However, the above photo is taken with my iPad, and the one below with my Cannon.  Now, my Cannon is not the most expensive one (the (EOS) but it wasn't cheap. But I just wasn't happy with my last photos and wanted to see if taking pics with the iPad would make a difference.  Seems it did.  Color is better, image is sharper and I don't have to resize it for the internet.

Enough about the camera.  The sunset is finished. I tightened up the focal area, keep the other areas loose and fixed the problems.  All the photos below are various stages.  When you change one area, it affects the other areas and sometimes creates another problem to resolve.

Sunset Shimmer
20 x 24"
acrylic on canvas
©Maggie Ruley 2013
$480.00
 





2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dots. the colors are intense, so now I am working on a more neutral colored cloud painting. Kind of like cleansing your palette with sorbet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...