Thursday, January 10, 2013

Beautiful swimmer. SOLD


I am having a show at the beginning of March at the Key West Art Center so I am starting to formulate the theme for the show.  I have finished a couple of paintings in same loose style of the turtle paintings.  I'm happy with the paintings, but more important, I'm really happy with the working style of them.  The process really is as important as the finished piece.  The final glow of this painting is a result of all the mistakes I made and then painted over.  One flat layer of paint is not my way of doing things. 

So the way the show is shaping up is that it is going to looser, larger and FUN!

Parrot fish
acyrlic on canvas

20" x 24"
$480 SOLD

4 comments:

  1. Love the feel of this piece and the intensity created with the compliments. Nice! Loose is good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan, Yes, loose is good, but I find it hard to sustain in a series, they always seem to tighten up.

    Hey Dots, it is painted in "your" colors.

    Thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hear him crunching on the coral! Nice little guy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...