Friday, June 1, 2012

Double your fun

 I went on a sailing excursion recently with the Key West Art Center.  Our group had an end of season (tourist season) get together before our snowbird members headed north.  It was great fun and the sunset was awesome.  We left from the Key West Historic Seaport on the schooner Wolf.  Above is the view while we were leaving the harbor.

I got to enjoy the experience twice by continuing my watercolor series of favorite local places by doing several paintings from the above photo. This one is the "keeper".  But I do wish I had made my darks a little darker.  I'll have to give it another go.


The skies were very stormy and the clouds were a lovely lavender.

4 comments:

  1. I love seeing the photograph and then your painting, it makes the work present day history some how. I think it would make for a great show - seeing paintings with snapshots beside them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Schooner Wharf Bar and thinks it is perfect the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always - BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...