Monday, September 19, 2011

Standing Tall and Proud

This great blue heron, again on odd size paper, looks like he is standing guard at the entrance to the swamp.
"Great Blue Heron" acrylic on paper
11" x 7"

I call this one "Ruffled Feathers"
acrylic on paper
11" x 7"
I get to see white herons, and great white egrets on a regular basis in the wetland areas that surround where I live. But a blue heron sighting is more rare. For these poses I would like to thank the artists who share their photos on wetcanvas.com.






This painting is on larger paper 15" x 11'


no title as of yet

3 comments:

  1. Ta peinture est très expressive et " vivante" à la fois.
    Félicitations.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful and its been awhile since I've spotted one of these beauties in 'real life'. The colors and brushwork are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you've painted these birds Maggie! I also agree with what you say about colour!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...