Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Fun day of painting and art in the sculpture garden

Last Saturday the Studios of Key West had a plein air quick draw. Artists had from 9 am to 1 pm to paint in the old town section of Key West. Paintings were put on easels in the sculpture garden at 2pm for judging and a short reception. My friend Andy Thurber won 1st place for his painting of the Armory building.

My friend Pam Hobbs won a prize for her painting of the Armory.

I did not win a prize, but I had a great time and I'm happy with this painting of a Southard Street cottage I have wanted to paint for quite some time. I am never really comfortable painting architecture, but maybe now I will do more of it.




Southard Street in Bloom




24" x 20 " unframed $425.00 SOLD


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...