Saturday, December 25, 2010

Obligatory green and red

My attendance at Jim Salem's painting class has been spotty, at best, lately. But the weather was beautiful this last Thursday and I really wanted to go. He had a green and red still life set up (apples and green cloth) and some beautiful lilies. I really wanted to paint a landscape, so I walked to the water's edge by this small red mangrove that I have painted many times before. The red mangroves have very red-ish branches, so I incorporated a few hints of red. I have watched this mangrove clump grow in size over the last ten years and I am very fond of it.
This is a palette knife painting and I think it needs a couple more tweaks, but nothing too serious.
Merry Christmas to all who celebrate and I hope you are enjoying the day.

1 comment:

  1. Hope that your Christmas Day was a happy one as well - by the way - love the painting - specially the beautiful green. Happy Holidays my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...