Thursday, July 29, 2010

Count your blessings

In painting class today we sat on the edge of the Gulf of Mexico and looked out on this beautiful vista. I am fortunate indeed. Today's class lesson was abstracted seascape using cardboard (small pieces of old mat board) instead of brushes. I opted to use my palette knife instead. I have been using the knife a lot this summer and wanted to continue. This painting is larger than what I have been doing lately. 20" x 24", acrylic on canvas on board. I think it is finished, but I have to look at it for a day or two. I am looking forward to putting a frame on this and taking it into the gallery.


One of the best parts of class is the critique at the end. You get to see every ones paintings and hear what Jim has to say about them.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting Maggie, looks finished to me. You have a wonderful life there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that painting!!! What a great teacher you have....and the thought of using small pieces od mat board to paint with....would sure be a good thing to loosen up....I love your work....will be back!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...