Sunday, April 12, 2009

BACK TO THE FLASH

Last winter and spring I worked on a series of "green flash" paintings. It was a series of paintings that celebrated the instant the sun collapses into the ocean. They were all 12 x 12 inches. Recently I picked up the series again. This time I am working 12 x 16 inches. The one above is Green Flash #15 and I will probably give it a word title too.

This one is "Green Flash #16" and I am still working on a title. As of this morning (Easter) it was unfinished but when I looked at the Pam Hobbs twilight photos I knew just what I had to do. So I added a few points of light and called it done. Maybe it is an "Ethereal Twilight"?


1 comment:

  1. Love them both - but especially the "red one". Cold day here today - high about 43 so the blog has added a little warmth to our day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...