Friday, March 6, 2009

SECOND SESSION

This is after my second session with the painting. I have re-established my lights and darks, I have introduced some more red and I have lightened the clouds. Next session I will give some more weight to the palm fronds.

But I will never buy this canvas again. I was out of my regular canvas so I bought some Fredrick's (which is a good brand name) medium weight canvas. And I don't like it. It is buckling in places and I don't know whether or not that will go away when I stretch it. So from now on this canvas will be stretched before I paint.

1 comment:

  1. I like the look that the reds give it. Going up to 65 today and they say we might flirt with 70 tomorrow - Don't forget to Spring ahead tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...