Sunday, August 20, 2017

The first batch of pottery in over a YEAR is out of the kiln.

In other exciting news!

I said last week that there was new pottery in the works and now the first load is out of the kiln.  It really is enjoyable spending Mondays and Tuesdays in my pottery studio with my hands in the clay.

It's been so long since I made pottery I had to refresh my memory by looking at older blog posts like THIS ONE.

My first load had to include flip flops because I have been getting mucho requests for them.  And in fact, most of the pairs sold right away, but there are still 4 pairs left.  And some of the really cute fish flops. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do the small pairs of flip flops anymore, but then I looked at ALL THESE cute designs and I think I will do some small ones.  They are so cute in kids rooms.

The next round of firing is going to include platters and serving pieces.  :)

There's not a lot to say, I just want to show you the pics.

Hugs,
Maggie

What all these cuties look like before they get the glaze.

The first batch of flip flops in really, really a long time!

What I like about the fish flops is you can hang them vertical or horizontal. They'll fit in any space.


These fun fish hang on the wall.  I think next batch I'll have to make some swimming the other way.

Mermaids for the wall as well as spoon rests.  The little fish are spoon rests too for those beachy kitchens.

Note to Key West Artists:

I'm unveiling a new class in my studio in September.

The Art Sales Starter Kit Class: an easy 4 week class guide to help you get your artwork seen and appreciated.
The complete class description IS HERE.


Other ways to connect: I'm just a click away




If you are reading this is your inbox thank you for being a subscriber.  If you want to read it in the original blog format which can connect to other fascinating blog posts click here.





Maggie Ruley is a studio artist living in Key West, Florida. 

Her colorful paintings and tropical pottery are collected world wide and can be found in many island homes. She has been featured in the Key West Citizen,
the New York Daily News , and other publications.

Her handmade ceramic flip flops have been sold in gift shops all along the east coast and in California and Hawaii.

 Her studio and gallery is located in the historic Seaport area of Old Town Key West.
Maggie Ruley~Island Inspirations
933b Fleming St.
Key West Florida 33042






2 comments:

  1. When we were in Key West last March, we stopped by to buy one of your chip and platters for a gift. We were saddened that you were no longer making pottery. We settled for "Story Book Giraffe" for myself. Her name is Guilda and looks fabulous hanging in my bedroom. Save some of those fishes for our next year's visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name Guilda! I'm glad she's up and hanging in your bedroom. It's been great that I found a helper and now I can spend a few days making pottery. And I can always send you a fish if you don't want to wait. But of course I want to see you on your next visit.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...