Sunday, September 25, 2016

Words to Live By

She Listens
Original Sold
giclee reproductions available HERE
©Maggie
quote from The Awakening by Kate Chopin
 
 
I'm taking a short break and visiting family in North Carolina, but while I'm away my students are finishing their paintings for our group show Words to Live By that is coming in early October.
 
Remember I said I wanted to create a mini movement of inspirational themed art work?  Sure you do!
 
Well, it happened and I was really pleased to see my students stay focused on the theme for 5 weeks. That's a long time for the creative attention span.  I'm really excited to see what comes in for the show.
group show work in progress
 
The invitations have been printed and  I've given the artists a little challenge, telling them to get them out to their friends and potential customers. And as a bonus I sent them a little art marketing information I've gained over the years. 
 
 
 
Marketing seems confusing when you first start out. But it doesn't have to be.
 
I'll share the few simple, but effective techniques I gave them, with you next week.   (For you creatives out there who would like a very simple start to marketing)


 



I invite you to mark your calendar and join us at the reception if you can.

#smileyfacehere
 
 
 Anyway, while my students are working away, I'm enjoying the first hint of fall.

The September Special is going on Here

Don't forget about this really cool workshop


If you are an email subscriber to my blog and you are reading this from your inbox, 2 things.
First, you might want to CLICK HERE so you can see all the fun extras on the blog site.  You'll be glad you did and you can leave a comment.
 And Second, Thank you! Please forward it on to anyone else who might enjoy it. Thank you again.
 
 If you aren't (reading this in your inbox)and you'd like to get all the really cool things going on in my studio delivered (with love) to your inbox, CLICK HERE  and fill out that box thingy that says, "Never miss a post", in the upper right




Maggie Ruley is a studio artist living in Key West, Florida. 



Her colorful paintings and tropical pottery are collected world wide and can be found in many island homes. She has been featured in the Key West Citizen,
the New York Daily News , and other publications.

Her handmade ceramic flip flops have been sold in gift shops all along the east coast and in California and Hawaii.

 Her studio-gallery is located in the Historic Seaport area of Old Town Key West.
Maggie Ruley~Island Inspirations
933b Fleming St.
Key West Florida 33042

Find more things to love on my website: www.maggieruley.com

Connect with me on FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...