Saturday, December 15, 2012

Small changes, big impact

 
It's interesting how just a few changes can have a major impact on a painting.  After painting the first turtle, which was portrait style piece, by that I mean just the turtle, I decided I wanted to put the turtle in a landscape, after all I love to paint landscapes.  So I had the idea that the turtle would be searching for the right beach to lay eggs, which happens at night, I think.  But now, the painting looks more like an illustration (not that there's anything wrong with that) for a children's book than a painting. Maybe just too............. cute.  But not sure how to change it or if I want to.   Here's the first turtle pic for comparison.
 
SOLD
This is not as good a photo as the one above,  it is washed out and not as sharp for some reason.

5 comments:

  1. j'aime la dernière version de la tortue!
    Bonne journée Maggie.
    cath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci Cath, loved your photos and I am going to put your blog on my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. major impact! They have entirely different moods. I like them both...fun image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belle et heureuse année 2013, pleine de créations!
    Bisous
    cath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    FadoExpress là một trong những top công ty chuyển phát nhanh quốc tế hàng đầu chuyên vận chuyển, chuyển phát nhanh siêu tốc đi khắp thế giới, nổi bật là dịch vụ gửi hàng đi mỹ, gửi hàng đi nhậtgửi hàng đi pháp và dịch vụ chuyển phát nhanh đi hàn quốc uy tín, giá rẻ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...