Monday, February 8, 2010

The edge of paradise

The compostion of this painting breaks a lot of "rules". The inverted triangle shape created by the palms is almost smack dab in the middle of the canvas and the right palm is leaning and drawing the viewers eye out of the picture frame. I decided to emphasize the uneasy-ness of the palms by painting them in strong hot colors that are the opposite of the very plain and calm background. I find the tension between the foreground and the background visually compelling. Let's hope the gallery visitors think the same.

"The Edge of Paradise"
28" x 36"
$625

1 comment:

  1. Hi Maggie! Thanks for signing up on my blog. I like yours too. I just posted a beach painting I made for my husband.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...