Saturday, December 19, 2009

THE GALLERY IS READY FOR CHRISTMAS AND I HAVE A NEW PAINTING

I have been spending a lot of time in my studio working on pottery and getting the gallery ready for Christmas. I have a lot of bright colored pottery and I have been working on Christmas ornaments. I have also been making flip flops for the Margaritaville Store. They have added a "made in Key West" section to their web site that has work by local artists. They will be showing flip flops and a palm tray from me. As soon as they take photos my pieces will be on the site.
So, I have not had a chance to do much painting lately. Getting the gallery full of things for the holidays and shopping etc have taken precedence. It was wonderful to go back to painting class. I have been the last two Thursdays and this last session gave me a painting I like. This painting of clouds and marsh is 12 by 22 inches and as yet untitled. But it is varnished and finished with edge pieces and ready to hang. I'll think of a title soon.


New painting $325.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...